About Summer Camps at The Experience
We are so thrilled to announce our Experience Summer Camps 2023! This is a great opportunity for children and students to grow in their relationship with Jesus and others.
We offer camps divided into two age groups:
Children: Incoming K-5th will be a part of “Community Camp” and will be hosted at each of the Murfreesboro, Cannon County, and Shelbyville campuses during the week of June 12th-15th (Note: Tullahoma students are invited to participate at the Shelbyville campus).
Students: Incoming 6th grade-2023 High School graduates will be a part of “Student Camp” which will take place at Adventure Ocoee (186 Hawkins Dr. Ocoee, TN 37361) during the week of July 17th-21st.
We are excited as we expect to see more kids at these camps than ever before! We encourage you to be a part. We will need plenty of volunteers to make these events happen. If you have a heart for working with children and students, this is a great opportunity for you to serve. For more information on volunteering at either camp, click the volunteer registration buttons below.
- Camp gives them an opportunity to lean into God, and YOU get to be a part of that! There is a tremendous pressure from our culture that is penetrating the hearts of our students and kids. Things such as: social media, identity, anxiety, technology is discipling them more than their parents, materialism, etc. You can help point them toward God and equip them to be disciples of Christ
- We have grown a lot since last summer and want to have a healthy ratio of leaders to students.
- It’s a great way to invest in the next generation.
- You will build community with other leaders and have fun.
- Serving and investing in others honors God, obeys Scripture, fills us up, gives us purpose, uses our gifts.
- I don’t feel equipped: We will provide multiple trainings before camp to do our best to equip our leaders
- I don’t know how to relate to students/kids: Our encouragement would be to shadow/hang out with current leaders and simple questions to show genuine interest in them will help.
- I don’t know much about the Bible: It’s okay to say “I don’t know” to certain questions. We encourage leaders to find out the answers with the students or to ask staff for help.
- I’m not sure how to lead a Life Group: All of our current leaders will be the main leader, and people signing up will be an assistant leader.
- I want to help at Student Camp, but I’ve never been to an overnight camp: Don’t worry, it will be a lot of people’s first time! You will have your own bed and there will be moments where leaders can break away and get filled up.
- I’m physically not able to handle a week at camp/or participate in activities: The camp staff and our staff will never force volunteers to do things that they aren’t comfortable doing or physically.
- I have dietary restrictions: The camp will try their best to accommodate. Leaders can also bring their own food and there are fridges available.
- It’s difficult to ask off work for a full week: For Community Camp, if you are only able to help for specific days/few days, any help is appreciated! For Student Camp, there are ways you can help before camp or with check-in/the morning we leave for camp
Become a Community Camp Volunteer
Become a Experience Student Camp Volunteer
This will be a fun time for the children in our community to learn more about Christ and what it looks like to be an authentic Jesus-follower. Each day they will have a lesson, small groups, worship, crafts, and games that solidify what they are learning. We hope this will help them apply these lessons to their lives at an age appropriate level and in a fun and exciting way!
- Who: Incoming Kindergarten-5th grade
- When: June 12th-15th | Murfreesboro: 9:00 am-12:00 pm & Cannon County + Shelbyville: 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Where: There will be a camp at each of the Cannon County, Murfreesboro, and Shelbyville campuses. Tullahoma campus kids are invited to register for the Shelbyville Community Camp!
To register your child click the link below.
Community Camp | Frequently Asked Questions
Experience Student Camp
This is a special time for our students to step away from the normal routine of life and to focus on the fun and exciting adventure of becoming a more authentic Jesus-follower. Students will have opportunities to learn about and grow closer to Christ and to connect with like-minded students.
- Who: Incoming 6th grade-2023 High School Graduates
- When: July 17-21st
- Where: Adventure Ocoee (186 Hawkins Dr. Ocoee, TN 37361)
To register your student click the link below.
Student Camp | Frequently Asked Questions
Experience Music Camp
Does your student have an interest in music or production? We invite them to join us for Music Camp!
Music Camp is hosted at the Murfreesboro campus by Experience Music team members and volunteers. Your student will explore their musical interest, whether that’s playing an instrument, singing, or working behind the scenes in production.
This camp is open to current and incoming middle schoolers (incoming 5th graders through outgoing 8th graders).
- Who: Incoming 6th grade – Outgoing 8th grade
- When: June 26th-29th
- Where: Murfreesboro Campus
This camp is now full!